It’s late at night. I’ve been waiting for hours to be produced. Be excited. Be motivated. To create content!
Before you start a blog, podcast, or YouTube channel, ask yourself:
- Why do I want to put myself out there?
- Why do I want to create content for other people to consume?
- Can I make a commitment to create and publish content?
Doubts and fears that come with creating content can stop you in your tracks. Do you believe that your content is important and worthy of an audience? Are you afraid that people who like, respect, and know you will think your posts are dumb and boring?
If you’re thinking about creating and producing content online, this is my advice:
- Get over the emotional hurdle of creating content
- Build a following
- Create unique and value-added content
Create content to give something back to society and help others. Be willing to look foolish in the name of progress. Let your content be consumed and critiqued.
Learn to continue, even as you mess things up. You’ll get better, build an audience, and find people who appreciate what you have to say. Make the world a better place!
- Lesson Learned: You can’t rely on anyone else to motivate, inspire, or produce you.
- Motivation: Create value, not only consume value.
- Commitment: Be consistent in creating content.
- Create content for the right reasons.
- Never, ever stop – no matter your doubts.
Links and resources: